Dude if you have been missing thousand island dressing you are in luck. I have worked this recipe into the ground to get it just about perfect. I didn’t want to get it too close, because for me if it is exactly like the original I get the heebie-jeebies a bit.
If you don’t like tofu then you can try riced cauliflower and just soak it for a few hours to soften up. I’ve added some heavy hitters when it comes to flavor so break out the mints, or not. In fact make two of my dressings and have your date eat one and you the other then make out and see if you can pick out the different flavors.. or a seed he/she may have missed. Bonus… oh and you have to try it out as a marinade on my P. Patty vegan burgers: it’s life changing.
This dressing goes great with I Want ToFU Salad.
Vegan Thousand Island Dressing
- Big Ass Bowl
- ½ cup tofu crumbled
- 1.5 Tbsp onion minced
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp flax seed freshly ground
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup onion
- ¼ cup just james veggie broth
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Bragg's Liquid Aminos To taste, or use miso or more just james veggie broth
- 1.5 Tbsp sweet pickle relish drained a bit
- Blend everything exept the pickle relish on medium speed till nice and smooooooth, then stir in the pickle relish.