Get your serviette ready because you are going to want to lap this up.
- 2 tbsp. best veggie broth or 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 cups butternut squash peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 apples peeled, cored, and chopped. Hold ¼ apple back and mince for garnish
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- 1 inch ginger peeled and chopped or 1 ¼ tsp ground
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper like seriously this is all
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. aminos
- 2 cups best veggie broth
- 1 tbsp. vegan sour cream optional garnish
- 1 green chili small, thin sliced (optional garnish)
- Slam that damn Dutch oven on the stove and put on low heat. Eh?
- Did you grab a two-four from the corner. No worries if you don’t know, it’s not part of the recipe.
- Add onion for 7.4 minutes move that shit around in the pan so it cooks all even like.
- Add squash for 9.9 minutes don’t ignore it or it will be all brown on one side and pale on the other
- Now shit is about to get real, but give’er all ya got. Add apples, aminos, cumin, coriander, ginger, cayenne, turmeric, black pepper, broth, then bring up to a simmer for 30 minutes, stir every 7 minutes.
- Transfer to blender and pulse blend until you get a nice puree. Return to Dutch oven and heat slightly adding some veggie broth to thin if you desire.
- Serve it up in a big ass bowl, if using put a dollop of vegan sour cream in the middle and add the apple and chili garnish on opposite sides.