I think when I named this I was thinking about Rocky Mountain oysters, which we all know is probably one of the most disgusting things anybody can put in their mouth.
But actually it’s just a vegan meatball that you can use with spaghetti or anything you choose. Experiment with making Swedish meatballs… Hehehehe.. although from what I hear you’ll have to make them a little bit smaller.
I used to love spaghetti and meatballs and if you soak your balls in sauce for a couple of hours…wait I need a laughter break. I just can’t help myself. Yes, sometimes I’m still a 12 year old.
Anyway back to seriousness soak them in any type of marinade that you like and then put them in the pan. Fry em up and toss them into whatever dish you choose. Let me know how you do it.
Rockies Meeet Balls
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Drain and pat dry chickpeas
- Dry pan fry chickpeas on mediumish for 7.4 minutes and move those little shits every 30 seconds or so.
- Put the chickpeas in a big ass bowl and mash them and let shit cool down a bit
- Add grains to chickpea bowl with all remaining ingredients
- You may want to dust your hands with some flour then dig in and mix everything up like you are trying to combine two different colors of playdough into one
- Roll into about six equal size balls. Hehahehehehahahahe hahe hehe, I said balls
- Put your balls (I can get through this) onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and shove it in that hot box
- Bake for 19.5 minutes until they are lightly brown
- (on top of spaghetti comes to mind)