When my recipes come out and you see me speaking in terms of grain mix, unless I speak specifically about a particular grain the below is a mixture I use and why. I put ½ cup of each in the instant pot with 4 cups of water and it lasts all week.
Organic brown rice
Rich in antioxidants, magnesium, phosphorus, and B vitamins contained in the healthy bran and germ
Low-carb Has up to four times more fiber than brown rice. They contain more vitamins and minerals, such as immune-boosting selenium, than other grains. Once in your stomach, freekeh acts as a prebiotic. (if you can’t find it in the store it is on amazon.)
A great source of iron and magnesium. The fiber and protein powerhouse (a cup contains nearly 75% of the dietary fiber you need for the day, and 25% of the protein.
Packed with more protein than any other grain, and each uncooked cup of the stuff (about three servings) has 522 milligrams.
- Instant Pot (see Notes if you don't have an Instant Pot)
- 1/2 cup brown rice organic preferred
- 1/2 cup freekeh
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 cups water
- Mix all ingredients in an Instant Pot
- Make sure your valve is set to pressure. Press pressure cook and set it at 12 minutes, when the annoying beeper goes off it’s not your laundry, or maybe it is… anyway leave it be for 10 minutes then turn you leaver to vent. Follow your product's instructions so you don’t burn yourself and try to blame me.
- Release the pressure the rest of the way. Stir to fluff and serve.