Start this recipe a day before you want to serve it. The veggies need to marinate overnight.
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 dates (This recipe really calls for sugar, but I don’t use it. If you do try 2 tbsp.)
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ½ inch ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 inch ginger peeled and chopped
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp coriander
- 1 piece clove spice
- 1 bay leaf ground
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 cup cucumber cubed
- 1 cup bell pepper you choose the color, chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 4 grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, leave whole
- 1 jalapeno chopped (or hot pepper of choice)
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce or greens for your choice
- High speed blind the brine ingredients
- Dutch oven over low heat
- Add brine ingredients for 10.4 minutes, then let cool
- Stuff all veggies into a mason jar or bowl with a lid. Put it in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, drain the brine into a bowl.
- Mix the veggies and greens together.
- Add a bit of liquid until you get what you want.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast if desired. Maybe add some good fats like avocado or nuts.