Brown Shoe Soup
- 1.5 cups pinto beans (15 oz.) cooked or canned, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups best grains
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. best veggie broth
- 1 cup best veggie broth
- 1 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. oregano fresh
- 1 cup mushrooms quartered
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ¼ cup celery chopped
- ¼ cup carrots chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tsp aminos
- ¼ cup cashews raw
- black pepper as desired
- Put cashews in small bowl and cover with water. Put in refrigerator overnight. Drain.
- Dutch oven over low heat.
- Add oil or don’t.
- Add sage, thyme, and oregano for 5.3 minutes. 1 tbsp. fresh = 1 tsp. dried.
- Add 2 tbsp. broth.
- Add vinegar. I use sherry or malt because they are close to savory. Use your favorite just use it.
- Add mushrooms celery and carrots onions and garlic for 13.9 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp. veggie broth and aminos if using.
- Add beans for 5.6 minutes.
- Turn off heat and cover.
- High speed blend cashews with enough water to thin it out.
- Add the blended cashews to the soup and stir.
- Add black pepper if using. You may like some pepper sauce with this one.
- Bowl up those grains and dump this shit on top.
- Yes eat it.. FFS.
Calories: 1041kcal | Carbohydrates: 157g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Sodium: 477mg | Potassium: 2331mg | Fiber: 51g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 6413IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 517mg | Iron: 18mg