I wanted to make you a Whale’s tail, but need to keep these recipes simple for everyone. Amelanchier is tricky to pronounce if you’ve never heard it said out loud: am-eh-lan-kee-er. So let’s call it Serviceberry or Saskatoon or Shadblow or Juneberry…this plant has no shortage of common names. Whatever you call it, the fruit is delicious. Slightly larger than a blueberry, it tastes like a mashup of strawberry, blueberry, and just a touch of almond. You’re not gonna find this at Timmies
Okay so if you are not in Canada or cannot get Serviceberries I have a mashup based on their description.
Alelanchier (Serviceberry) Nice Cream
- .5 cup blueberries frozen
- .5 cup strawberries frozen
- 1 cup bananas frozen
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 10 almonds
- water or use your favorite plant milk
- Put in high-speed blender and pulse everything except the almonds. Do a little at a time and you may get better results.
- If you are making a smoothie drink up, if nice cream the bowl it up and let it rest in the freezer for 30 minutes.